This degree will equip students with the skills for state-of-the-art electronics and communications with elements in analogue & digital electronics, wireless & optical communications, as well as communication networks.
The course will cover content appropriate for work in the modern communication industry including wireless, fibre optic, mobile, satellite and transport communications.
The course will also cover basic physics, mechanical engineering, control systems, and electrical engineering to broaden the knowledge base of students, enhance their career prospects and create well-rounded engineers.
You will receive BSc (Hons) Electronics and Communications Engineering from Lancaster University and BEng Communications Engineering from Beijing Jiaotong University after you successfully complete this programme.
Why choose this course?
- This course covers the essentials of engineering science, with a deeper focus on electronics and communications systems
- You will develop important skills in communications and IT as well as team-working and project management
- You will work in a multi-disciplinary environment, to give you the ability to deal with challenges that cross subject boundaries
- You will be taught through design, helping to develop your decision-making, creativity and flair
- You will gain the analytical skills to prepare you to cope with change throughout your professional life
Undergraduate programmes at LUC-BJTU have a first year designed to help improve your level of English and to give you the study skills you will need to complete your degree. You will also learn some Chinese language with some cultural modules.
Your second and third years are designed to deliver a thorough grounding in engineering through a combination of lectures, tutorial/workshop sessions, projects, coursework exercises and practical work.
Your final year will cover advanced topics on signal processing, circuit design, communication systems and networking, You will also be allocated a challenging design project, which will allow you to focus on the technologies suited to your interests and career plans.
International students: during the first year of each programme, some of the modules studied will vary from those listed here. The modules are developed especially for international students to enhance your time studying with Lancaster University College, Beijing Jiaotong University. You will also learn some Chinese language with some cultural modules.
Want to find out more?
Find out how to apply