Teaching and Learning
At Lancaster University College, Beijing Jiaotong University (LUC at BJTU) we ensure students are actively engaged in the learning process, we encourage working in teams and taking the earliest opportunity to explore different research approaches.
Our learning and teaching style ensures that LUC at BJTU graduates are equipped for the demands of employment, on an international scale, by helping students develop those skills needed for employment later. We encourage independent and self-directed learning and show students how to apply the knowledge they learn.
Students at LUC at BJTU can expect to:
- Develop critical thinking skills in a task-based learning environment
- Engage in tasks which are designed to help build problem-solving skills
- Challenge ideas by exploring a variety of academic perspectives
- Work on group projects to develop the skills needed to work in teams
- Analyse and evaluate information from a variety of different sources
- Pursue research through a variety of approaches
The overall aim is to enable students to become life-long reflective learners.
During your degree, you will be taught by experts and researchers from both partner universities.
You will study in English and alongside your academic coursework you will benefit from our specially designed English language and study skills modules.
LUC-BJTU students will also have the chance to spend some of their time studying in Beijing or at Lancaster University in the UK, and our graduates will be eligible for LU Alumni Scholarships for further postgraduate study at Lancaster University.